- Denne begivenhed er allerede afholdt.
Ensuring human rights and environment in climate investments
29. august 2019 @ 9:00 - 12:00
Participants: The meeting is reserved for members of DIEH and Dansif as well as selected stakeholders.
Venue: Pædagogernes Pension, Sundkrogsgade 13, 4th floor, 2100 Copenhagen Ø
Note – The meeting is held in English.
Responsible Investment Dialogue #1
DIEH and Dansif are organising a series of meetings under the headline Responsible Investment Dialogues. The purpose is to promote responsible investment through dialogue, debate and exchange of experiences and best practices on specific themes. Responsible Investment Dialogues gathers investors, companies, NGOs, labour union and other relevant parties to get in depth with selected issues though deep-dives and identifying concrete solutions to complex challenges.
If we are to undergo a green transition and live up to the commitments in the Paris Agreement, we need massive investments in green energy and infrastructure globally. Green energy investments are growing amongst Danish institutional investors, and are contributing to both the green transition and to robust portfolios with expectations of good returns. From EU’s side there is also a wish to accelerate green investments, amongst others through the EC Action Plan on Sustainable Finance, and legislative proposals from EU are expected in the coming years.
However, the positive climate effect from the investments must not lead to downgrading of the consideration for environment more broadly or human rights. We direct the spotlight to how executing companies and investors ensure that the impact on human rights and environment is considered and that local communities are benefitting from the investments.
Welcome by DIEH, Dansif and the supporters of the Responsible Investment Dialogues
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
– Presents their new investor briefing “Renewables & Human Rights”
– Introduces their work with a Renewables Human Rights Benchmarking Tool, aiming to create a race to the top for renewable energy companies work with human rights.
IFU – Investment Fund for Developing Countries
– Shares insights in their due diligence processes to ensure respect of environment and human rights in their green investments.
– Presents their work on social impacts in renewable energy and gives an introduction to Vestas’ due diligence process for projects on the ground.
Dialogue facilitated by DIEH
Summing up and upcoming meetings