Personal Information You Provide
Collection of Personal Information You Provide.
We may collect personal identification information from users/members in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when users visit our site, register on the site, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our site. You may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain site-related activities.
We use various technologies to collect and store information you provide including: CampOnline (by ComputerCamp), Conference Manager, Survey Monkey, Google, Dynamicweb.
When you provide personal information to us, the information may be sent to servers located in Europe and other continents.
Your personal information will be stored in accordance with the Danish Bookkeeping Act.
Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from you browser when you visit our sites. The information includes, but is not limited to, your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see “Cookies” below), and the referring website address. We use Google Analytics for statistics.
Cookies. When you visit our site, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our site. Through the use of a cookie, we may also automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to use some of the interactive features offered on our site.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- improve customer service: Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- personalize user experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on our site.
- send periodic emails: If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
- send questionnaires.
Financial information. We may use financial information or payment method to process payments for any invoiced membership fees to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
Sharing with Third Parties
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Authorized Service Providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf (including Finansforeningen (The Danish Finance Society), Beierholm, PostNord, ComputerCamp, and HostNordic). These services may include processing payments, delivering packages, auditing, secretarial services, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality and other features offered through our website. The service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Speakers, sponsors and other participants: If you register for an event, your name and firm may be shared with speakers, sponsors and other participants at that particular event.
Aggregated and Non-Personal Information. We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. This includes, but is not limited to, number of participants at our events. We may also share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors and advertisers, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis.
Your Ability to Choose
Under GDPR, you have the right to gain insight into your personal data and other supplementary information, the right to rectification (the right for any personal data processed to be correct, up to date and complete, the right to erasure (the “right to be forgotten”), as well as the right to object to data processing under certain circumstances, including, but not limited to:
- direct marketing purposes; and/or
- scientific, statistical or historical research (unless the research is carried out in the public interest).
Please send any requests by email to email@example.com.
Links to Third-Party Websites
We may provide areas on our websites where you can post information about yourself and others and communicate with others; upload content (e.g. pictures, videos, audio files, etc.); and post comments or reviews of content found on the sites. In addition, such postings may appear on other websites or when searches are executed on the subject of your posting. Also, whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on publicly-viewable webpages, that information will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your email address, you may receive unsolicited messages. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information. Once you have posted information, you may not be able to edit or delete such information.
Questions About Data Collection and Processing
You may ask questions about the data you have submitted by contacting us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Contact Us
We care about protecting the security of your personal information, and we have implemented security procedures to protect the personal information that you provide to us. However, no method of transmitting or storing electronic data is ever completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that such information will never be accessed, used, or released in a manner that is inconsistent with this policy.
Review and Correction
You may review and update the personal information you have provided to us by contacting us at email@example.com or by writing to:
H. C. Andersens Boulevard 7, 1.
1553 København V
In Denmark, the supervisory authority regarding the GDPR is:
Borgergade 28, 5.
1300 København K
Last Revised: 14 January 2019